RE: #5 on the list of Low Stress Jobs

Subject: RE: #5 on the list of Low Stress Jobs
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>, Melissa Nelson <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:26:36 -0400

Julie Stickler tested the waters with:

> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Melissa Nelson
> <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:
> > Thanks for forwarding this article. It is very interesting!
> I got a kick out of the number one least stressful job being
> a trainer. I am working on a contract supporting a group of
> trainers right now. I will have to remind them that they have
> less stress than I do.
>
> Trainers being low stress made me laugh too. Especially when you
> consider that speaking in front of an audience is such a HUGE phobia
> for so many people! I used to be a teacher, and I still get the
> occasional butterflies when I have to speak in front of a group of
> strangers. And trainers have to be prepared for the most bizarre
> questions from their students. I used to sit in on training classes
> once or twice a year at a previous gig, just for the customer
> contract, and some people think training = free consulting for their
> weird situations.

If some sales rep sold me your product, to do what I need to do, then your training d**n-well better address my weird situation. Hell, I'm paying for both the product and the training (or my employer is) - you better believe I'll be wanting to know how to get your product to do what the sales rep assured us it could/would.

- Kevin

or disclosing it.

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.

RE: #5 on the list of Low Stress Jobs: From: Melissa Nelson
Re: #5 on the list of Low Stress Jobs: From: Julie Stickler