Web publication style

Subject: Web publication style
From: Robert Courtney <bobsc1 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- TECHWR-L -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:21:29 -0700

I have a question about web publication styles. I am looking for
terminology for describing web applications and the windows they reside.
Such as the Manual of Style from Microsoft. There they describe all the
things you need to write about. What the window looks like and what each
area of the window is called.

Such as the left navigation tree on the window and the right being the
main display window. Is there a correct, acceptable name for these
areas? What are the items in the navigation tree called?

I am looking for a document that tells me what all these items are
called. A standard to follow.

Does anyone know of such a reference?


Robert Courtney
Technical Writer
PDSI â Principal Decision Systems International
O: (800) 850-7374 ext 1283
F: (714) 703-3000
E: robertcourtney -at- pdsi-software -dot- com


Are you looking for one documentation tool that does it all?&#160; Author,
build, test, and publish your Help files with just one easy-to-use tool.
Try the latest Doc-To-Help 2009 v3 risk-free for 30-days at:

Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control! http://www.helpandmanual.com/

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40web.techwr-l.com

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:


Previous by Author: Help file TOC Sentence VS Question
Next by Author: Re: Web publication style
Previous by Thread: Re: Re: FrameMaker Cursor Distorted
Next by Thread: Re: Web publication style

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads