Re: Doc Design and Convention

Subject: Re: Doc Design and Convention
From: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 19:51:08 -0500

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com> wrote:
> Many times I've found the term I want in the index, and it directs me
> to a topic that I've already read, which neglects to tell me the menu
> path to the dialog box where you set the multiplex input port number.

I'm currently trying to clean up this sort of problem at my current
gig. Many of their procedures (which I didn't write but inherted)
start with "In the framazan screen, do X." But the procedure doesn't
tell you how to get to the framazan screen if you're not already
there. Which isn't very helpful if you got to the procedure via the
TOC or index instead of reading the entire documentation.

Are you looking for one documentation tool that does it all?&#160; Author,
http://www.doctohelp.com/