Re: Editing a PDF

Subject: Re: Editing a PDF
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 20:42:42 -0800

Not if what you're trying to do is make relatively minor changes. I've built
new documents from PDF conversions from time to time, usually because a company
had documents from an OEM supplier or some other form of acquisition that only
came as PDFs, but the idea was to create new documents, not revisions. There
are too many things that happen to PDF content during conversion to make it
feasible for anything but a major reauthoring.

Gene Kim-Eng