RE: Editing a PDF

Subject: RE: Editing a PDF
From: "raj -dot- machhan -at- gmail -dot- com" <raj -dot- machhan -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Robert Lauriston" <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 05:59:06 +0000

I read the various posts on this thread....Some of the workarounds seemed very close to a solution, but not quiet there...:)
I guess what we ought to remember is that the pdf format was never meant to be an editable format. In fact, this technology started out with the express functionality that you cannot edit data once it is converted to pdf, thus protecting the original formatting of the file. IMHO, the best and so far the only fool proof way to edit a pdf is to get hold of the original doc. If we forget to do that then I guess we would do well to contact Adobe R&D, and hope they have figured a way out..... that is straight and square.

Sent from my Nokia phone