RE: Manual fail...

Subject: RE: Manual fail...
From: "Boudreaux, Madelyn (GE Healthcare, consultant)" <MadelynBoudreaux -at- ge -dot- com>
To: Milan Davidović <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:37:04 -0500

>J&J mustn't have much for a quality check before releasing
>the labeling, though -- and that might show up if there's
>ever an audit.

Yes, it would.

I've gained a reputation for beating the dead horse by checking things like this since coming to work for an FDA-regulated company. I consider myself an artist, a big-picture thinker, a dreamer, not a detail-oriented hard-ass with a red ink fetish. So, every time I say something like, "on page 73, paragraph 3, there is a missing Oxford comma in the 2nd sentence," or "you have an orphaned bulleted list item on page 46, which could be fixed by blah blah," (not literally how I tell people this stuff, but illustrative of the kinds of issues I note), a little devil pops up on my left shoulder with a sigh that reads, "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds," and an angel with an auditor's badge pops up on my right shoulder and smiles beatifically.

These examples tell me that 1) my company is actually fantastic at these things and 2) I need to keep it up, and make sure we stay that way. My daily dose of soul-death is a small price to pay. :) I'll be saving these to show people who grumble at me.

Sincerely,
Madelyn "don't give a d*** about my bad reputation!" Boudreaux

http://www.doctohelp.com/

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com