Re: What do you call wordless technical procedures?

Subject: Re: What do you call wordless technical procedures?
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: svi -at- svi -dot- co -dot- il
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 08:41:43 -0500

John McWade, from the magazine "Before&After" calls this "visual
instructions". I call it "Ikea-style"

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 3:40 AM, Svi Ben-Elya <svi -at- svi -dot- co -dot- il> wrote:

> 1. I am looking for a name that describes the type of symbolic drawings
> used to describe assembly of consumer products. I am not referring to
> exploding diagrams or technical drawings from CAD programs.
> 2. Does anyone know of a training program for this? Theory? Techniques?
> 3. Please send me offline or CC me at technical-writer -dot- haifa -at- philips -dot- com .
> I receive the digest and I need responses before a meeting on training for
> the coming year.
> Thank you in advance,
> Svi Ben-Elya

Are you looking for one documentation tool that does it all? Author,
build, test, and publish your Help files with just one easy-to-use tool.
Try the latest Doc-To-Help 2009 v3 risk-free for 30-days at:

Explore CAREER options and paths related to Technical Writing,
learn to create SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS documents, and
get tips on FUNCTIONAL SPECIFICATION best practices. Free at:

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:


What do you call wordless technical procedures?: From: Svi Ben-Elya

Previous by Author: Re: Integrating movies into documentation (Erika Yanovich)
Next by Author: Re: What do you do when you don't have anyone with the time to reviewand edit your docs
Previous by Thread: RE: Wordless Workshop (was RE: What do you call wordless technicalprocedures?
Next by Thread: Re: What do you call wordless technical procedures?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads