Re: too narrow or too-narrow?

Subject: Re: too narrow or too-narrow?
From: Susan W Gallagher <susanwg -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:47:57 -0800

The rule is, use a hyphen to join two or more words serving as a single
adjective, so...
one-day seminar
chocolate-covered peanuts
too-narrow slot

Some grammar books say the hyphen is not necessary when the first word of
the compound adjective is an adverb, so would not hyphenate "well known
expert" but other books say to.

HTH!
-Sue Gallagher

http://www.doctohelp.com/