RE: Need a word for...

Subject: RE: Need a word for...
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Lorenzen, Jane {PBSG}" <jane -dot- lorenzen -at- pbsg -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:28:28 -0500

It's definitely intermittent, but intermittent could describe
an event that occurs on average of once every few days, or
an event that occurs every 2-to-5 minutes. (for example)

But now imagine it's in the range of every two minutes (plus
or minus some amount to allow for the 'intermittency'), but
the time needed for the rejoin and re-sync procedure is (say)
a minute-and-a-half. Let's further imagine that a good chunk
of that overhead is shared by the other members and the clients.

Or worse, if the events started coming a minute and twenty-nine
seconds apart and it took a minute-and-thirty to recover. :-)

I kind of like "thrashing" that other folks have suggested,
but I'm not clear if it's generally applicable outside of
the memory-management situation. Google was no help - started
with the first several hits being the expected computer-science
context, and then switched over to situations of a person (or
a team) being 'thrashed' by opponents.

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com/

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com