Re: Need a word for...

Subject: Re: Need a word for...
From: "Monica Cellio" <cellio -at- pobox -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 12:59:29 -0500 (EST)

I don't think there's already a commonly-used word for this, so I think
you'll need to either define your own (I like the suggestion for
"turbulence") or describe the situation without naming it.

We had a similar bug that affected our GUI,. The effect was that an icon
moved back and forth one pixel several times per second. We called the
behavior "bobble-head" and we might have even shared that with our
customers, but we didn't put it in our user docs. :-) (Maybe the release
notes, though...)



Are you looking for one documentation tool that does it all? Author,
build, test, and publish your Help files with just one easy-to-use tool.
Try the latest Doc-To-Help 2009 v3 risk-free for 30-days at:

Explore CAREER options and paths related to Technical Writing,
learn to create SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS documents, and
get tips on FUNCTIONAL SPECIFICATION best practices. Free at:

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:

Re: Need a word for...: From: voxwoman
Re: Need a word for...: From: Marguerite Krupp
Re: Need a word for...: From: Bill Swallow

Previous by Author: FM to RH Can I paginate on a heading in only one chapter, or does it have to be the whole book?
Next by Author: Re: Font use
Previous by Thread: Re: Need a word for...
Next by Thread: RE: Need a word for...

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads