RE: Word 7 Menus

Subject: RE: Word 7 Menus
From: Jerry Kindall <j -dot- kindall -at- tecplot -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 17:52:32 -0800

Quoth John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>:

> Hey, guys...where I'm at now, they've standardized on Word 7. I hate
> the new menu structure.
>
> Is there any setting that allows you to switch to the menu structure
> from previous versions?

Beyond the suggestions you've already receieved, which are useful, I suggest downloading the Search Commands add-in (previously known as Scout) from Office Labs. The first time I used Office 7 was when I was contracting at Microsoft, and this add-in kept me sane during the learning curve. Basically, you type in what you want to do, and you get buttons that do what you want (or something like it). Its suggestions are generally decent and it learns from what you choose. It is great for finidng features that you don't often use or that you don't know the name of. When my contract ended, it was maddening to find that Microsoft wasn't making it available to the public, but they finally did so.

<http://www.officelabs.com/projects/searchcommands/Pages/default.aspx>

--
Jerry Kindall
Tecplot, Inc.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are NOT the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com