RE: Single Sourcing: Word to Training PPT and Online Help

Subject: RE: Single Sourcing: Word to Training PPT and Online Help
From: <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
To: "Michael Herman " <mwherman -at- parallelspace -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:50:35 -0700

Michael,

Piggy-backing, sort of, on Jim's comments, if you're using a
single-source solution that outputs to Word files--such as Madcap Flare,
Adobe RoboHelp, Author-it, etc.--what you could do is select the
items/topics you'd like in the PowerPoint and just publish those,
separately, for incorporation into the ppt file.

So far as I know, those programs all output to "online" Help formats as
well. After the original content has been imported into the program
(e.g., Flare) you could select what you wanted included in the Help from
the original document.

But, it might be overkill if you aren't using a single-source solution
already--it will cost and it will take some time to set the system up.
Is it worth it for one document?

Otherwise, I have no other suggestions about suitable programs, so it
will be interesting to see other possibilities.

Regards,

Kathleen

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com