Re: IE security update on Jan 21 broke link to htm from chm

Subject: Re: IE security update on Jan 21 broke link to htm from chm
From: "Tina Gray" <tina -dot- gray -at- kewill -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:43:14 -0400

Hi Keith,

Thanks for trying it out for me.

It must partly be a RoboHelp issue because changing the link to
./readme.htm (as you say is correct when the readme.htm and chm are in
the same directory) causes a 'This program cannot display the webpage'
error page when you click on the link in the chm. Also, when I looked at
the hyperlink properties, the ./ had been removed as if RoboHelp just
doesn't recognize it.

When I tried the absolute path (browsing to the readme.htm and selecting
it when creating the hyperlink in RoboHelp), and compiled the chm, the
link was not created at all. Very strange. Again, I think it's a
combination RoboHelp and IE patch issue.

didn't try that, but all of our customers will have had the product and
chm on their machine (almost all are upgrades, hardly any new
customers), so even if we figured out how to fix it locally on our
machines, I'm not sure we could do the same on our many customers'
machines.

Thanks!

- Tina

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at (978) 482-2500 and return the original message to us at the listed email address. In accordance with Kewill policy, emails sent and received may be monitored. Kewill accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage should this email contain any virus, or similar destructive or mischievous code. Thank You. Copyright  2009 by Kewill Inc.

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com