Re: Metrics (Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?)

Subject: Re: Metrics (Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?)
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, Paul Goble <pgcommunication -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:03:47 -0700 (PDT)

Your post just made me realize I can truthfully say on my resume that I saved a $55 million contract for a client. They were bidding on a government contract to build something. The contract required my client to have documentation on the CMS system they used to manage their documents (which sounds like an unnecessary redundancy if you say it fast). But they had customized the CMS over the years and had never documented those customizations. So they had to hire me to dig through it and retroactively create the requirements and use cases they should have done before they started hacking the CMS code. If I hadn't done those docs and if they hadn't been good enough, the client would have seen a chance at 55 million go down the drain.

Hey, I'm a wonder worker! Thanks for giving me the clue! :-)