Re: Vendor tricks (was Which would you prefer and why? (Help Tool))

Subject: Re: Vendor tricks (was Which would you prefer and why? (Help Tool))
From: Mike Stockman <mstockman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:04:26 -0400

Thanks for the info all. Here's the odd part (based on Gene's reply): it
took me forever just to find a page where there *was* a search box (only on
the FAQ page, as far as I can tell). And then, silly me, I had searched it
for "pricing" earlier and came up with nothing. "Price" never occurred to
me. And by then I'd put 10 minutes or so into the hunt and gave up.

The original point still holds: vendors are often reluctant to share pricing
without a struggle, and I suspect they lose sales because of it, but I'm not
sure how you'd be able to measure that. Anecdotes abound. :-)

But at least I know the pricing now... thanks everyone.

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

> My memory is a bit vague on this, but I'm pretty sure I bought my first
> copy of
> RoboHelp OTC at CompUSA. I don't recall ever getting any marketing
> materials
> from them after registering the software except for new product
> announcements.
>
> Gene Kim-Eng

Mike Stockman
ICQ #: 19165236
AIM: MStockman
MSN Messenger: mstockman -at- hotmail -dot- com
Yahoo: me_stockman
GMail Talk: mstockman -at- gmail -dot- com

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com