RE: RE: [OT]: rabbit-trapping instructions

Subject: RE: RE: [OT]: rabbit-trapping instructions
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com" <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 17:25:17 -0400

kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com inquired:

> I'm beginning to wonder if your wabbit was the previous
> owner's pet and
> the beautiful landscaping was planted just for it...
>
> We have bunnies around where I live (domesticated presumably released
> Easter gifts), and though I imagine they eat some of my veggies,
> certainly not enough to do real damage. I even have carrots in the
> ground from last year. They eat patches of the lawn, and late in the
> evening I see them hopping around the development.
>
> Do you have some new breed of hyper-wabbit? Or is it that there isn't
> much other food? It's reasonably lush here.

These'd be wild.
Ordinary l'il brown rabbits.
Had 'em at the previous house, two or three miles away.
Didn't care there. Didn't have the nice "designer" perennial
garden that we inherited from the first owners of this
new place. And those folk were definitely trying to EXclude,
not INclude, when they reinforced the standard chain-link yard
fence with the complete surround of chicken-wire.

I'm in Ottawa, Canada, eh?

So, even though we just had the warmest (and only snowless)
March on record (thanks, El Niño), it's mostly bare brown
dirt and old mulch with just the first tiny quarter inch of
plant-sprouts showing. I only just started feeding the fish
a few days ago - before that the top of the pond was still
ice.

"Lush" will be June, July, and part of August - maybe
less if we get a hot, dry summer and things wilt or go
dormant in August. Then it'll be pleasant-but-slowing
in early September, with the first leaves starting to
turn in late September. By late October, the last of
the trees will be bare and all the other plants will
have died back or left "ornamental" dried bits and
some berries for the winter. Everything will be bare
from late October to next mid-April (at least). The only
variable will be the amount of snow. This year we got
lucky and the usual dump was diverted several hundred
miles south to land on Washington, DC, Maryland
and parts of New England. Teehee.

Now then... time for some non-religious "Easter" feasting.
Not including rabbit meat.
Later... Don't wait up.

- K

or disclosing it.