Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?

Subject: Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>, Ken Poshedly <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 16:19:53 -0700 (PDT)

If I didn't have this local job that finally turned up I might seriously consider it.

And now for my soapbox moment:  why not allow telecommuting? You know as well as I that in most jobs, 95% of what we do can be done remotely. If the guy in this job needs to get hands on a particular model to write about it, have him go to the nearest rental yard. There are plenty of software tools available for communications and managing a remote worker; you can even have video conferencing when you want it since it seems like everything made today has a web came built in. And remote working can save you a ton of money. You don't have to supply the worker with space, furniture, a computer, a phone, or even electricity or water.  You don't have to pay rent on a break room for him. You have no insurance liability issues if he slips and busts his butt during working hours.

Down off soapbox now.  Good luck on your hiring.