Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?

Subject: Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "Ken Poshedly" <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 09:40:15 -0700

BTW, there's a big difference between locally based writers who telecommute some
of their hours and writers who aren't even in the same state. We have six
writers here who in an average week do 40-60% of their working hours from home
(it varies with the individual, everyone's a pro who knows how much time he/she
needs to spend onsite to get things done right). Sending this from my desk
onsite this morning, I am the only person here, and after some morning meetings
I'm leaving at noon and finishing my day from home. But if a product manager
called right now to tell me a writer could have four hours of hands-on time with
a prototype starting at 1:00 this afternoon, I could make some calls and one way
or another there would be a writer there, without anyone having to book airfare,
hotel rooms or rental cars.

Gene Kim-Eng