Re: How Do I Recover my old stuff

Subject: Re: How Do I Recover my old stuff
From: Jan Cohen <najnehoc -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Technical Writing Plus <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:46:59 -0700 (PDT)

The ability to recover data from a formatted drive is dependent on the level of format that was performed. If you performed a quick or full format, both of which are high-level formats, your data isn't permanently lost unless you've overwritten it since the format was done. On the other hand, if a Low-Level (physical) format was performed, your data is probably gone for good. Chances are though that since the format occurred somewhat inadvertantly, a Low-Level format didn't occur.

Try Googling "data recovery software" for one or more lists of apps that you can download and use yourself.

Good luck,

Jan C.

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Technical Writing Plus
<doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>wrote:

> On Friday I had a problem with my PC (Win XP Pro, NTFS, Pentium 4
> Processor, 9 years old but very stable...). I accidentally re-formatted the
> HD and started up a new instance of the OS.
>
> I thought that I was being careful not to do this, but it happened anyeay.
> Is there a way for me to recover my old system and all of its files and
> programs?
>
> Jim Jones    chineseadjuster.webs.com
>
> Chinese | German | Spanish to English General and Technical
>
> zxlat.translatorscafe.com [Resume Page; over 10 downloadable files]
> akn6z.wordpress.com [my Blog, about Mandarin Chinese, with slide shows]
>
>  --  Tutoring for Inter/Adv Mandarin and Pronunciation
>  --  Phone Interpreting for Mandarin and English (Legal and Business)
>
> Use Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word, or HTML and
> produce desktop, Web, or print deliverables. Just write (or import)
> and Doc-To-Help does the rest. Free trial: http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> Explore CAREER options and paths related to Technical Writing,
> learn to create SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS documents, and
> get tips on FUNCTIONAL SPECIFICATION best practices. Free at:
> http://www.ModernAnalyst.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/pro.techwriter%40gmail.com

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as najnehoc -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/najnehoc%40yahoo.com

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com