Re: Agile tech writing

Subject: Re: Agile tech writing
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 10:12:53 -0400

Indeed, I think that your immediate concern is to ensure that TW won't
be relegated out of the loop. You MUST attend and participate in the
scrums. You must not let anyone shut you up just because you are "only a
tw" or because they feel your questions are "nonproductive."

The change to Agile represents a possibility for certain people to gain
control that they previously lacked. It is both a threat and an
opportunity.

The change may be anything from a fully supported approach that is
properly implemented with total approval of upper management, to a
"flavor-of-the-month" flag that will be lowered as soon as someone sees
that it's a threat to his power or someone else comes along with another
flavor.

I'd try to be aware of the political undercurrents involved.

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com