Re: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 54, Issue 14

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 54, Issue 14
From: "Jason A. Czekalski" <topsidefarm -at- mva -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:04:47 -0400

Tony Chung wrote:
>>One of my first TechCom jobs interpreted 6S's provisions for "lean manufacturing".

Tony,
Please be careful when abreviating terms. Six Sigma and 6S are two totally different tools in the Continuous Improvement toolbox. Six Sigma is a statistical tool used for predicting quality. 6S is a tool for evaluating workstation or work area efficiency.

Jason A. Czekalski

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -