Re: A Desk That Allows You to Stand or Sit

Subject: Re: A Desk That Allows You to Stand or Sit
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:34:35 +0300

Stuart,

Try it just once and I predict you'll not forget again...although I
suggest not holding or grabbing on to the computer desk on your way
down or it could get awkward.

That said, some of the best standing desks are often equipped with a
foot rail just as some of the bars from the Old West were and just as
many high drafting chairs are today for just this purpose.

The idea is to constantly be able to vary the angle of the back.

Some of the best chairs also promote much more movement for the same
reason. The newest design from Hag, for example, is just such a chair.
(For those who don't know, Hag makes some of the very best ergonomic
chairs in the business. Their "Capisco" chair with a saddle-style base
is already considered a classic--and is available in a high version as
well. They have a new design out that looks quite simple, but is
extremely sophisticated yet costs less than many other ergonomic
designs from other manufacturers--under $600 in the States.)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but most of Winston
Churchill's books were produced at a stand-up desk. If memory serves,
Thomas Jefferson may have had one as well.

David

> From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
:
> Tony Chung said:
>> When you stand for long periods, you should raise one leg,
>> and alternate the raised leg over time.
>
> But Tony, what if you forget to lower the first leg before raising the second leg?
>
> Stuart

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -