RE: templates in Word 7

Subject: RE: templates in Word 7
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Sally Derrick" <sjd1201 -at- gmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:47:45 -0700

Hi Sally,

Short answer is, you have to use the template organizer and import styles
from a given template or doc. This is not the same thing as FrameMaker
though. If you import styles from the template, then change the template,
the doc's styles do not automatically update.

Shauna Kelly has a lot of good articles about styles and templates; here's
one of them I'd recommend:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/attachtemplate/index.html.

Good luck,
-Monique

> I have a very ugly RTF file. I would like to associate a Word template
file
> with the RTF to get the correct formatting. The help gives me lots of
> instructions on how to create a template and where to store it for use on
> new docs but I can't find a thing about associating a template to an
> existing file. Surely Word allows that. Right?

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -