A different term for "Floor Date"

Subject: A different term for "Floor Date"
From: Deborah Hemstreet <dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:10:00 -0400

Hi All,

A development team has entered a field in SW that I'm documenting, labeled "Floor Date".

Background: The SW analyzes some data in order to present the data to someone with the correct tags and updates (for example). The system looks to see how dates are handled, since they impact how the data is tagged. For example, I could receive data on April 1, but the DATE of the data is February 15. Therefore the data is handled based on the February 15 date.

However, if I set the "Floor Date" to February 20, then the software will not take into consideration any data dated before that date. As a result, since the data was received on April 1 but dated April 15, the data is ignored since the Floor Date is Feb. 20.
I think I've heard of something similar but can't place it. Is "Floor Date" a good term? Is there a better term for this? It's Friday and my brain is fried...

Thanks!

Deborah

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -