RE: Conditional content - what do you do with it?

Subject: RE: Conditional content - what do you do with it?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Rick Stone <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 17:40:21 -0400

Oh yeah. But as I say, many times I'm looking at
a page to review/revise where it fits into the
general scheme, so I'd want it turned on.

I'm not the most disciplined editor. I'll
have a certain reason in mind for going over
a selection of topics, but if I spot something
else that needs changing, or if something reminds
me of something else I should add/change, then
I'll probably do it on the spot.

Granted I could write myself a note, giving the
reason for the update, the location, the content...
but then, unless it'll be quite lengthy, I might
just as well do it while I'm there, before I get
back to the original editorial task.

I've thinned out many of the layered conditions,
but at the cost of introducing duplicate text in
a lot of places. But there are still some ugly
multi-condition left-overs. When I encounter them,
I need to do something about them, so the conditions
need to be visible to remind me to do that.

It'll all even out once I've gone entirely to a better
way of blocking out my use of conditions.

But now's a good time to hear from others who make
good use of more than one or two in a project.

- K

or disclosing it.

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -