Re: Need App Recommendation

Subject: Re: Need App Recommendation
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Michelle Despres <michelle -dot- despres -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 11:39:44 -0400

Personally, I don't think AutoCad is overkill for this... but if they won't
let you use it, ask for Visio and an architectural shape set (if the one
included with the program is inadequate for your needs). There may be
something else out there that will also work, but Visio has actually been
pretty useful for these kind of drawings IME (and I am NOT a huge fan of
Microsoft).

-Wendy

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Michelle Despres <
michelle -dot- despres -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone:
>
> I have been asked to help with a project that requires making floor plans
> (office building) and seating charts. The person previously assigned to
> this work used AutoCAD. My company believes AutoCAD is overkill, and I
> have
> no experience with it.
>
> My company is open to recommendations for new software, but I do not have
> experience in this area. Do you have any recommendations? I know it's a
> stretch for a technical communicator, but perhaps you have colleagues who
> do
> similar work.
>
> I do use Visio. Any thoughts about that?
>
> Thanks.
> Michelle
>
> Use Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word, or HTML and
> produce desktop, Web, or print deliverables. Just write (or import)
> and Doc-To-Help does the rest. Free trial: http://www.doctohelp.com
>

> - Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
> - Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/voxwoman%40gmail.com

wendyshandmade.etsy.com
www.wendysheridan.net