RE: RE: InDesign versus FrameMaker (versus Word)

Subject: RE: RE: InDesign versus FrameMaker (versus Word)
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 16:38:42 +0000

My experience with "gubmint higher-ups" is similar to Donna's. At the executive/bureaucrat level, PDFs and MS Office formats are favored for proposals and reports. Tools like FM and, increasingly, native XML editors, come into use when the deliverables are large, complex, technical manuals. The DoD has had an open source initiative going on for several years now, so it woouldn't surprise me if I heard that FM is losing ground there.

Gene Kim-Eng