RE: Levels of Job Responsibility

Subject: RE: Levels of Job Responsibility
From: cewinch -at- aep -dot- com
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 10:54:56 -0400

Whether we should be listed as TWs or TCs is a matter of opinion, and as
everyone's mileage varies, it cannot be equally applied to all. I do
almost no *writing* in this job, yet a I do a ton of communicating and
...of technical information. "Writer" is simply inaccurate for me, but I'm
definitely above "admin" and in a whole other category from any of the
others the DOL used to lump us into. I'll stick with Communicator, thank
you.

~C
Connie Winch
Technical Communicator
American Electric Power

"Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
Sent by: techwr-l-bounces+cewinch=aep -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
05/21/2010 10:39 AM

cc

Subject
RE: Levels of Job Responsibility

Actually, it lists us (correctly) as technical writers -- not
"communicators."

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified
that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or
the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please
notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message
immediately thereafter. Thank you.

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as cewinch -at- aep -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/cewinch%40aep.com