RE: Word 2007 woes, no red underlining

Subject: RE: Word 2007 woes, no red underlining
From: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
To: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>, "Lorraine Kiewiet" <lkiewiet -at- earthlink -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:28:15 -0500

Depending on where you're at with your formatting -- and the tradeoff
between preserving it and potential lost time if your current woes
continue -- you might also want to make sure you're working with
pristine, unformatted text in the new document and then begin reapplying
styles. PureText should get you pretty close, perhaps all the way, by
selecting all from your old doc and copying into a Normal paragraph (for
starters) in your new doc. Absent PureText, or if you just want a bit of
healthy overkill, a good sequence to strip all formatting and get to
Normal, if memory serves is: CTRL+A, CTRL+SPACEBAR, CTRL+Q, and
CTRL+SHIFT+N.

HTH,
Jim