Confluence "Free Trial" frustrations

Subject: Confluence "Free Trial" frustrations
From: "AL Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 23:18:56 -0400

Hi all,

So, I downloaded a "free" trial version of Confluence and started setting up
the wiki. Then, I decided to take a lunch break and several hours later, I
still can't get back in. The user name/password combination I set up (and
the same ones that allowed me to bail out and re-access it prior to my
break) no longer work. I am supposed to review it's "user friendliness and
flexibility" for a state agency that will deploy it as part of a product
they have developed in several other states. On the surface, I appears that
it won't work as it is no user friendly and if I can't even log in with the
user name and password I set up, how can this agency expect it's "customers"
to use the application? Has anyone else had similar problems with Confluence
and how did you solve them, other than going to another vendor.

It's now 11:30 pm and I've been at the keyboard since 8:00 am completing
several other projects in addition to trying to review Confluence, so the
frustration level is a bit on the high side at the moment.

Thanks,

Al Geist

Technical Communicator, Help, Web Design, Video, Photography

Office/Msg: 802-872-9190

Cell: 802-578-3964

E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com

Website: www.geistassociates.com

See Also:

Fine Art Photography

Website: www.geistarts.com

"...I walked to work, quit my job, and kept walking. Better to be a pilgrim
without a destination, I figured, than to cross the wrong threshold each
day." (Sy Safransky)

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -