RE: Captivate video pricing

Subject: RE: Captivate video pricing
From: "Sarah Blake" <sarah -dot- blake -at- mercedsystems -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 02:39:34 -0700

> I understand that the time variable is huge, with the first 10 or so
taking way longer than the rest of the
> videos. Any suggestions, references, or pricing ideas for producing
Captivate tutorials would be greatly
> appreciated.

Hmm. I've done a Captivate video or two in my time, and I used to work
on the principle that I'd be spending three days working flat-out for a
six minute video. I'd be doing all the screen capturing and
graphics-jiggling myself, though (occasionally creating entire
not-yet-extant screens in PSP), which makes quite a difference.

For a six-minute video I'd assume an entire day sorting out the
soundtrack, what with re-takes, fiddling with timings, editing the audio
files and so on. TOCs, navigation aids and closed-captioning are pretty
easy to add through Captivate, though, so I wouldn't budget more than a
couple of hours for those.

Could you not ask them to send you an example under NDA so that you
could get a more accurate estimate?

Sarah Blake
Senior Technical Writer
Merced Systems

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -