Re: Nobody reviewed the manuals

Subject: Re: Nobody reviewed the manuals
From: <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:37:10 -0400

---- Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com> wrote:
> ... consequences now..how many other companies (small or large) have had their eyes opened?

"Why worry? We have the manuals, they are on the shelf, and they have been checked to see that they meet specifications." For shipboard use (and an offshore drilling rig is a marine vessel) the manuals presumably have to meet some sort of weight requirements, so they match the number that was previously entered into the ballast calculations for figuring the metacentric height of the vessel.

-Peter Neilson

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -