RE: RE: RE: Unsubstantiated and/or false allegations (was RE:Nobodyreviewedthe manuals)

Subject: RE: RE: RE: Unsubstantiated and/or false allegations (was RE:Nobodyreviewedthe manuals)
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 23:45:29 +0000

Which is why we're going to continue seeing these things happen as long as the oil industry is protected by a cap on damages.

The scenario I described is already SOP in the aircraft industry, and there are more than a few instances where airlines have been forced to ground every one of a particular model of aircraft while something safety or maintenance related was investigated. It's one of the reasons why we continue to be less likely to die flying across the ocean than we are heading for the drive-thru line at Burger King.

Gene Kim-Eng