RE: Creative Writing Assignment - humor

Subject: RE: Creative Writing Assignment - humor
From: "Butler, Darren J CTR USAF AFMC 584 CBSS/GBHDB" <Darren -dot- Butler -dot- ctr -at- Robins -dot- af -dot- mil>
To: "Robert Courtney" <bobsc1 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:45:48 -0400

Bobby-
Thank you for your apology. Yes, the language was offensive but, that does not mean that *you* were offensive - big difference! Because your intentions were innocent, there's no room for me to accuse you of being provocative. Soccer (aka futbal) might be the most popular sport in the world, but "He who is offended first, wins!" is the most popular sport in the USA.
That being said, this was one of the funniest things I have ever read in this list and it came on a day when I truly needed something to laugh about.
In addition to being a TW, I am also a pastor. I occasionally speak on the subject of man-woman and husband-wife relationships. A sanitized version of this story is going to become one of my favorite message illustrations.
-Darren