RE: Hypertext link problems

Subject: RE: Hypertext link problems
From: "David Tinsley" <dtinsley -at- ndigital -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "Richard Combs" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:43:55 -0400

Richard,

I just tried it again and all now seems in order. Monday gremlins at work. Thanks for all your help.

David

David Tinsley wrote:

> I am looking for some help on adding links to a URL. I have inserted and
> checked the link OK using the "Make view only" function but when I save to
> pdf the link does not work. I have printed through postscript and direct to
> save as pdf with the same result - no link.
>
> I cannot find any help on the interweb but I imagine there is someone here
> who may have been down this path?

>From your use of the phrase "Make view only," I'm guessing that you're authoring in some version of FrameMaker. I'm also guessing that by "adding links to a URL," you mean create a hyperlink in FrameMaker that becomes a live link in the PDF.

Since you say you've "checked the link," I assume it works OK in FM. In that case, the most likely problem is that you don't have Generate Acrobat Data selected in the Print Document dialog.

Another possibility is that the hyperlink is in a text inset. If that's the case, or if neither of these is the problem, or if my assumptions are wrong, you'll have to provide more/better information.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
303-223-5111
------
rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom
303-903-6372
------

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/