Re: Create PDFs from Word docs using command line?

Subject: Re: Create PDFs from Word docs using command line?
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 09:57:15 -0700

I use WinBatch <http://www.winbatch.com/> to automate repetitive
Windows-based tasks such as this. It's SendKeysTo command works great.
WinBatch is FAR simpler than VB, although can be coerced into doing just
about anything. For example:

DirChange(*a DOC* *directory*)
a = FileItemize("*.doc*")
n = ItemCount(a, @TAB)
For j = 1 to n
Display(3, "Now printing...", a)
SendKeysTo = "~Word", "!fp{OK}"
Next
Message("All done!", "What now, brown cow?")

..changes to a specified folder containing the DOC and DOCX files ready to
print. It then counts the number of files and prints each in succession,
alerting you about the status of each file as it does so. Lastly, it
requires an acknowledgement from you taht the job is complete.

You'll find the WB online help community to be extremely responsive and
helpful!