Re: Certification: Ernest and Scribbler

Subject: Re: Certification: Ernest and Scribbler
From: Suzette Leeming <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:21:22 -0400

Being a senior member of Toastmasters, I believe in the value of including
"labels" on name badges.

For newer members, who don't know much yet, identifying those with
experience let's me know who would be most likely the answer any questions I
have. There's nothing worse than asking another member questions and then
finding out that they are as "raw" as you.

If I had a question about how to submit something for a competition, or
anything competition-based, then who better to ask than an Award Winner?

Plus, recognition of the achievements of some members, whether it's the time
they've given being the Executive, or the number of years they kept their
support of the STC (by becoming Senior Member), it help other members strive
for the same recognition.

Just looking at it from a Toastmasters perspective.

Suzette Leeming