Re: Certification

Subject: Re: Certification
From: john rosberg <john_rosberg -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:47:38 -0500

I've spent a few minutes, without success, looking for one of the many emails I received from the STC during the time late last year and early this, with lengthy explanations for the actions that were taking place.

One of these missives clearly listed revenue generation as one important reason the STC would create some form of certification program.

Once that decision was made, there seemed to be little interest in discussing the benefits to the membership, what form the program should take, how to design and administer the process . . .. I'll admit, though, at just about that time, I decided that I lacked the interest to sing along, let my membership lapse, and stopped reading the emails.

There may, in fact, be an excellent and detailed plan for the certification program -- this would be different from the other attempts to create one, and potentially welcome news.

John Rosberg
Documentation and Training
john_rosberg -at- hotmail -dot- com
2765 Deerfield Road
Riverwoods, IL 60015
847-502-1833

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/