Multiple monitors on my laptop

Subject: Multiple monitors on my laptop
From: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:06:32 -0400

Hi, guys...

About 3-4 months ago, I came across a device that lets you run external
monitors through the USB port on my Dell laptop.

By adding a USB hub, I'm able to string together three external monitrors (I
could have up to six), which when combined with the one exrternal monitor
that us supported by Windows and laptop monitor, allows me to currently
run five monitors.

Following is a link to a picture of my desk at work where I'm running the
five monitors.

http://picasaweb.google.com/110371186422407573360/Work#5509157656118347906

The device runs about $60 each (1 per monitor) and can be bought online, I
bought mine at Best Buy.

http://www.everythingusb.com/tritton_see2_usb_2.0_svga_adapter.html

Just thought you might like to know of some options out there.

--
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/