Re: Font question

Subject: Re: Font question
From: Pro TechWriter <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Heather Anderson <Heather -dot- Anderson -at- cubrc -dot- org>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:50:53 -0500

My preferences:

For serif fonts, try Georgia or Cambria (Windows fonts).
For sans-serif, try Trebuchet or Verdana.

Both sets are designed to be easy-to-read on screen as well as good for
print applications. I generally use a sans-serif font for online help files,
but use serif for a PDF that could be read either on screen or paper.

Microsoft has done quite a bit of work to develop their fonts for screen and
hard copy use. Personally, I don't mind using all their research (and saving
all that money!) to make my document fonts attractive and easy to read. Read
about their work here: http://www.microsoft.com/typography/default.mspx

Best,
PT