WebHelp/CHM fonts right-to-left languages

Subject: WebHelp/CHM fonts right-to-left languages
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:39:45 -0400

Hi, long time listener/first time caller...
(not exactly)

So I have a requirement to provide a help system in a right-to-left
language, and I'm evaluating WebWorks ePublisher to see if it will handle
this (I've got some familiarity with WebWorks from a few years ago, when it
was bundled with FrameMaker). I can get the text frames in the chm file to
display properly when I use a Unicode font, but the TOC and index give me
garbage characters (not question marks).

Is this a font issue or a Windows issue or a Windows font issue or a
processing issue with WebWorks?

I have exhausted my troubleshooting bag of tricks, and now I request some
advice from those who have had to do this before. If I should be using
another HAT, I am willing to evaluate another tool. Source files are
currently in Frame, but the translation companies are requiring Word for an
input (or an additional fee to convert to Word), so I'll be using Word for
the source.

Thanks!
-Wendy

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/