RE: New TECHWR-L Poll: Employment Topic

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll: Employment Topic
From: Erika Yanovich <ERIKA_y -at- rad -dot- com>
To: 'Deborah Ray' <debray -at- raycomm -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 09:21:59 +0300

Post-interview thank-you letters, like many other things, are a matter of geography. In our neck of the woods and outside the tech writing niche they are perceived as pretty weird. If you already write one, don't just say 'thank you for your time', add something like 'I am now even more confident I can successfully fill the position at your company' or some such. Tie it to something that has been mentioned during the interview.
My 2 cents,
Erika

<
On a related note for discussion: As a hiring manager of
technical writers, how valuable do you find post-interview
thank you letters?

http://www.doctohelp.com

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/