RE: Ebook readers, anyone?

Subject: RE: Ebook readers, anyone?
From: "Stephen Arrants" <steve -at- mbfbioscience -dot- com>
To: "David Neeley" <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 08:13:24 -0400

David Neeley writes:
> I have been enjoying a new (to me) ebook reader--in my case the Cybook
> Opus.
>
> Since they support .pdf files, I was wondering if anyone has seen them
> used
> by customers as a highly portable documentation platform. I would
think
> that
> repair people in the field, for example, could make good use of them
> when
> repairing complex machinery without having to have a computer nearby.
[Stephen Arrants]
We considered it and it makes sense for us, but we NEED color for our
documentation (stereology and neuroscience applications). Until there's
color available,
we're sitting on the sidelines.

As is, we are no longer shipping a printed manual. Instead, it will be
an option for the
customer. If the customer wants a manual it will be a print-on-demand
item and shipped from the printer.

http://www.doctohelp.com

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/