RE: Scrum sucks!

Subject: RE: Scrum sucks!
From: Kat Kuvinka <katkuvinka -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:24:14 -0400

Yes of course!

I used to be a part of every team, now I am on the un-team, aka the Island of Misfit Toys. And that ain't Scrum.

I feel that doc can be a part of Scrum when done right, but what about those roles that touch every team but are not product specific like, as I mentioned, the buildmaster?

> > The problem is, I am not "on" those teams I support. All of us in support roles are on one team...test automation, build master, DBA, documentation, and quality systems.
> >
> > So we are not interchangeable and no, it is not Scrum. We tried a version on kanban, but the lesson there was it is impossible to use different methodologies on the same project (did we really need to try that experiment?)
>
> Ah, but do you see that you are still using two different methodologies?
>
> --
> Bill Swallow
>
> Twitter: @techcommdood
> Blog: http://techcommdood.com
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/techcommdood

http://www.doctohelp.com

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/