Fwd: Technical documentation help needed for client

Subject: Fwd: Technical documentation help needed for client
From: Kathleen MacDowell <kathleen -dot- eamd -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 19:15:25 -0500

This sounds like a great job and a star for someone's resume.

Good luck,

Kathleen

==============================

> I've done usability and web redesign work for this client and recommend
> them as straight-forward to deal with. If you are interested, please
> contact David (contact info below).
>
> Client needs help redesigning all their technical documentation for one
> medium-sized gov't site (www.genome.gov) and several smaller sites
> including an intranet and SharePoint. Detailed documentation already
> exists (about 37,000 words with dozens of diagrams and images) but is
> many years old and the site has undergone a major redesign since, with
> lots of applications added over time that have not been documented along
> the way. Basically need a full scale inventory performed and a
> practical guide to rebuilding web servers and applications if necessary,
> for example, and describing all physical data models. Client is happy
> to "fill in the blanks" if someone can provide a new TOC and hierarchy
> that fits, but would also like estimates for how much the actual
> technical writing costs in case the extra help is needed to meet
> deadline.
>
> Contact by phone or email:
>
> David Smith
> Technical Team Lead - Genome.gov
> National Human Genome Research Institute, NIH
> Communications & Public Liaison Branch
> 407-273-3340
> dcsmith -at- mail -dot- nih -dot- gov

Kathleen MacDowell
kathleen -dot- eamd -at- gmail -dot- com

http://www.doctohelp.com

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/