Re: Seeking Robohelp manual

Subject: Re: Seeking Robohelp manual
From: Rick Stone <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: info -at- spectrumwritingllc -dot- com
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:24:23 -0500

Hi Tammy

Indeed there have already been other posts suggesting the same.
Hopefully you didn't feel that I was saying otherwise.

I was merely pointing out that the Iconlogic materials as well as my own
take a structured approach to learning the application, whereas what was
pointed to on the Adobe site is more of a hodgepodge collection of all
sorts of materials related to the product and nothing is in a particular
order. Sort of a "grab bag" of information.

Cheers... Rick :)

Spectrum Writing wrote:
> Kevin Siegel's book from IconLogic definitely meets these requirements.
>
> Tammy Van Boening
> Owner/Principal
> Spectrum Writing, LLC
> www.spectrumwritingllc.com
> info -at- spectrumwritingllc -dot- com
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: techwr-l-bounces+info=spectrumwritingllc -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> [mailto:techwr-l-bounces+info=spectrumwritingllc -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On
> Behalf Of Thomas, Julie
> Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:40 AM
> To: Rick Stone; Janoff, Steve
> Cc: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> Subject: RE: Seeking Robohelp manual
>
> Thanks Rick,
>
> I have the help downloaded to my PC, but as you say, I need something
> that will step me through the process first, then my coworkers, and can
> be used as a reference later on. :)
>
> Julie
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rick Stone [mailto:rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:43 PM
> To: Janoff, Steve
> Cc: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com; Thomas, Julie
> Subject: Re: Seeking Robohelp manual
>
> Hi Steve
>
> While there is definitely nothing wrong with that, it's not really any
> form of a structured "start to finish" sort of affair as a training
> manual would be. You don't have the gentle introduction in a specific
> order where things are added as they make sense to introduce them.
> Instead, what you get is a bit like a self service hardware store.
>
> For example, perhaps you want to build some cabinets. Maybe you need the
>
> hinges. If you know what you are there after, you find the hinges easily
>
> and off you go. But it does nothing to help you assemble Cabinets by
> saying you might first select this type of wood. Then you would cut it
> as follows.
>
> Cheers... Rick :)
>
> Janoff, Steve wrote:
>
>> What's wrong with this?
>>
>> http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: techwr-l-bounces+sjanoff=illumina -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>> [mailto:techwr-l-bounces+sjanoff=illumina -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On
>> Behalf Of Thomas, Julie
>> Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:45 AM
>> To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>> Subject: Seeking Robohelp manual
>>
>> We are getting Robohelp 8 installed to start creating application help
>> from our current user manuals. This will be the first time I've seen
>>
> the
>
>> product in several years, and I'm the "beta tester" aka guinea pig for
>> our group. Since I found the Adobe FrameMaker Classroom in a Book to
>>
> be
>
>> very helpful in learning FrameMaker last year, I am looking for
>> something similar for Robohelp. However, Adobe does not seem to have
>>
> any
>
>> Robohelp manuals, and I don't have any experience with other
>> publishers/authors. Does anyone have experience with other available
>> Robohelp training publications? We will be starting with basic topic
>> based, and moving to context sensitive help as we gain experience.
>>
> Since
>
>> we are contractors we are not provided with actual training. (sigh)
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Julie Thomas
>>
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
>>
> Doc-To-Help.
>
>> Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need. Try
>> Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
>> http://www.doctohelp.com
>>
>> ---
>> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com -dot-
>>
>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>> or visit
>>
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/rstone75%40kc.rr.com
>
>> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>
>> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>>
>> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
>> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>>
>>
>>
>>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help.
>
> Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need. Try
> Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as info -at- spectrumwritingllc -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/info%40spectrumwritingllc
> .com
>
>
> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>
> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>
>
>
>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help.
Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need. Try
Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40web.techwr-l.com


To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat


References:
Seeking Robohelp manual: From: Thomas, Julie
RE: Seeking Robohelp manual: From: Janoff, Steve
Re: Seeking Robohelp manual: From: Rick Stone
RE: Seeking Robohelp manual: From: Thomas, Julie
RE: Seeking Robohelp manual: From: Spectrum Writing

Previous by Author: Re: Seeking Robohelp manual
Next by Author: Re: Another request for input (different topic)
Previous by Thread: RE: Seeking Robohelp manual
Next by Thread: TECHWR-L Poll: Relationship with Development Teams


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads