RE: Adobe Acrobat X

Subject: RE: Adobe Acrobat X
From: <Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:44:02 -0700

I'm still a bit mystified as to how "X" is supposed to work.

Is this something that's going to use existing browser technology? Or
will browsers need to "catch up" to this (and will they)?

-B

-----Original Message----- From: Mike McCallister

Brian,

Not too behind the curve. Adobe announced the imminent release of
Acrobat X just yesterday. I attended a "First Look" webinar this noon
about it, and this feature was first on the list. Essentially, PDFs are
intended to look like any other web content by default; you can turn on
the traditional controls by clicking the Acrobat logo on the "floating
controller."

AcrobatUsers.com is repeating the webinar on Thursday. You can probably
find information about it at the site.

Adobe doesn't say exactly when Acrobat X (pronounced "10") will be
released.

Mike