Re: Spacing between sentences, the meaning of life, and the man in the moon

Subject: Re: Spacing between sentences, the meaning of life, and the man in the moon
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 08:29:54 -0700

My "cringe moment" comes when participants in these discussions go any farther
than "check to see what is appropriate for your situation" and argue that
there's any such thing as a "one answer fits all" reply to the question. It may
come as a surprise to some to discover just how much fixed-font text delivery is
still going on outside the software world, but how long should it take for
newly-hired professionals to find out if we're working in such an environment?
Isn't determining our delivery requirements and doing what is needed to satisfy
them a basic part of the job?

Gene Kim-Eng