Re: noun destructs

Subject: Re: noun destructs
From: Suzanne Chiles <suzchiles -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:51:43 -0800

I just got my set of them after my father died a few months ago. They will be good reading this winter.


Suzanne Chiles
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 13, 2010, at 12:47 PM, Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com> wrote:

> And I'll bet most of us bought them as the initial offer from Book-of-the-Month Club (mine was somewhere around 20 years ago). It was either that or the 11-volume Story of Civilization by Will Durant (which now resides on my Amazon wishlist).
>
> --
> Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
> Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator
> Graphic Designer - Desktop Publisher - MS Office Expert
> (262) 694-1028 - mike -at- writestarr -dot- com - http://www.writestarr.com
>
> On 11/13/2010 9:39 AM, John Garison wrote:
>> OK .. four so far. How many other people on the list have the box set
>> Compact OED with magnifier?
>>
>> A significantly higher percentage than on most other lists I wager.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Katherine Noftz Nagel (Kat) said the following on 11/12/2010 8:50 PM:
>>> On 2010-11-12 2:54 PM, Richard Mateosian wrote:
>>>> My Compact OED is a boxed set. It has a tray for the magnifier, and
>>>> that's where it stays when I'm not using it. ...RM
>>> Mine is also the boxed set, but I never needed the magnifier to read it
>>> it until today. I did need the magnifier for threading needles, though,
>>> until I got my trifocals, so that's where it migrated. And that's where
>>> it stayed, without so much as a 'wish you were here' postcard to remind
>>> me it was on vacation. Bad magnifier. Bad, baaaaad magnifier!
>>>
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help.
>> Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need. Try
>> Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
>> http://www.doctohelp.com
>>
>> ---
>> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as mike -at- writestarr -dot- com -dot-
>>
>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/mike%40writestarr.com
>>
>>
>> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>
>> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>>
>> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
>> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>>
>>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help.
> Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need. Try
> Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as suzchiles -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/suzchiles%40gmail.com
>
>
> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>
> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help.
Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need. Try
Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40web.techwr-l.com


To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat


References:
noun destructs: From: Peter Neilson
Re: noun destructs: From: Gene Kim-Eng
Re: noun destructs: From: Milan Davidović
Re: noun destructs: From: Katherine Noftz Nagel (Kat)
Re: noun destructs: From: Richard Mateosian
Re: noun destructs: From: Katherine Noftz Nagel (Kat)
Re: noun destructs: From: John Garison
Re: noun destructs: From: Mike Starr

Previous by Author: Re: Word 2010 crashes when updating index
Next by Author: Re: Font choices
Previous by Thread: Re: noun destructs
Next by Thread: Re: noun destructs


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads