Re: New rules for business correspondence

Subject: Re: New rules for business correspondence
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 19:27:06 -0800 (PST)

I also disagree with that putative rule, for much the same reason. If it's a reply from the same person, what I want to see first is the reply. So the reply should come at the top; if I want to scroll down to refresh my memory about something, I can. I really don't like *having to* scroll down to get to the part I really want.

Why is vertical scrolling considered evil on web pages but not in email? Because on a web page, if the content wanted is some way down, then every single time you return to that page, you must scroll down again. It's that repetitiveness that is evil, not necessarily the scrolling itself.